Yes! Chocolate for breakfast. My healthy Chocolate oats are one of my favourite breakfasts. Cocoa powder is rich in Polyphenols which are naturally occuring antioxidants, providing several health benefits! Who said chocolate must always be bad for you? I love reese’s peanut butter cups, they inspired this chocolate and peanut butter oats recipe I have for you. It’s simply yummy!
|Prep Time: 6 minutes||Cooking Time: 1 minute||Total Time: 7 minutes|
- 50g / 1/2cup Oats
- Up to 1 Cup Boiling water
- 1/2 to 1tsp cocoa powder, depending on how chocolate loving your tastebuds are
- Pinch of Salt
- 15ml/ 1tsbp honey
- 15g/ 1 tsbp Peanut butter
- Meausure half a cup of your oats in a bowl, add your salt, and cocoa powder.
- Pour boiling water over the oats until the water comes up to the level of the oats, and stir.
- Leave the oats to soak up the water, this will take 5minutes.
- When the water has been absorbed, you can stir them and pop them in the microwave to finish cooking for 1 minute.
- Once they are out top them with the honey and peanut butter and finally… Enjoy!!