Potatoes are the ultimate comfort food! I love how you can do so many things with just one ingredient. One of my favourite things is roasted potatoes, a version of this being my Crispy Oven Roasted Potato Wedges. Spiced just right, crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. Absolute Perfection! Here’s the recipe.
|Prep time: 20 minutes||Cooking time: 55 minutes||Total time: 1hr 15 minutes|
What you need:
- 425g Potatoes
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Parsley
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Butter
- 2 Tbsp oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Wash the potatoes well, Cut in half and into wedges.
- Bring a pot of water to the boil and add some salt. Stir in the salt and add your potatoes to the boiling water.
- Boil until tender, and flexible. This can take up to 10 minutes.
- Removed the potatoes from the heat and strain the water. Allow them to cool a bit.
- Prepare your spice mix by mixing all of them in a bowl.
- Melt your butter and mix that with your oil.
- Toss your potatoes in the spices until they are evenly coated. Then drizzle the oil and butter over them and toss again.
- Take a perforated chip pan, or basket pan and spread your wegdes on it in a single layer and grind salt and pepper. (Using a like this will ensure the wedges don’t get soggy on the bottoms).
- Bake at 190°C until golden and Crisp. This may take up to 45 minutes.