Eggs are pretty awsome, you can do like a million things with them, they are super nutritious and you have them for breafast, brunch, lunch, snack time or even dessert, yes dessert, because I know you’ve forgotten about meringues! Nevertheless, I love eggs no matter what shape or form they are presented to me in. One of my classic favourites is scrambled eggs. I thought I’d share my very easy recipe for them with you.
|Prep time: 2 minutes||Cooking time: 2 minutes||Total time: 4 minutes|
You will need:
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tsp butter
- 1 Tbsp milk
- Salt and Pepper
- Grated Cheddar cheese (optional)
- Parsley/ Chives (optional)
- Crack some eggs into a bowl, add the milk, salt and pepper to taste.
- Using a whisk, beat the eggs until you have air bubbles covering the surface ( 30 seconds to a minute) , a whisk gets the job done faster and better than a fork (I know a fork is easier to wash but try the whisk and see how light these eggs with turn out, trust me)
- Melt the butter in a pan on medium-high heat and then add your eggs. stir the eggs about with a spatula to scramble them until cooked. I’m not on a diet so you better believe I grated a bit of chedder cheese on top using the small side of my grater and let the heat of the eggs melt it down
- Toast a slice of your favourite bread and boil that kettle.
- Butter that toast and pop your cheesy eggs on top, fix yourself up a nice cup of tea, and there you have it, the delicious classic, scrambled eggs on toast.
Enjoy the simple things in life!