Another midweek breakfast recipe is here to brighten up your mornings. Everyone who knows me knows that I love oatmeal, it’s no secret! This incredible oatmeal recipe combines two of some of my favourite things to eat. It’s simple, straightforward and most importantly, delicious. You can make this into an overnight oatmeal or whip it up fresh in the morning. That’s up to you, but regardless you have to give this a go!!
What you will need:
- 1/2 Cup Oats
- 1 Cup Boiling water
- 1 Medium banana
- 1/4 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Honey
- 4 Walnuts
- 1 Tbsp Nut butter
- Pinch Of Salt
- Put your oats, cinnamon and salt in a bowl and stir with a spoon.
- Add the honey and half of the banana and mash them into the dry oat mixture.
- Once mashed, add the cup of boiling water and stir. Like all my other oatmeal recipes leave this to sit for 5 minutes. (Go ahead and make yourself a cup of tea!)
- When the 5 minutes is up, stir the oats again and put them into the microwave for 1 minute.
- While the oats are in the microwave you can slice the other half of the banana and chop up your walnuts, or simply break them up with your hands.
- Once they are out, pop your banana slices and walnuts on top, add your nut butter and there you have it, an insta ready breakfast!