Whether you’re making spaghetti bolognese, lasanga, beef hand pies or anything else under sun that requires a delicious meat sauce packed with flavour, this is it!
It’s slow cooked to get the best flavour you could possibly get in any meat sauce, all the spices are in perfect balance and harmony, giving you this amazing cohesive sauce that will never dissapoint!
The ingredients list as always is simple, so you can easily make this at home any day! If you would like to leave out the peppers thats toally fine, they just add nutritional value and colour to the sauce. Everything else is super duper important to keep in so you get the best sauce possible. Now I’m sure your ready to see how it’s made right? Lets jump right to it!
|Prep Time: 5 minutes||Cooking Time: 1hr 10 minutes||Total Time: 1hr 15 minutes|
Key words: Meat sauce, tomatoes, basil, minced meat, flavourful
- 650g Minced Beef
- 2 Medium Onions
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper
- 1/2 Yellow Bell Pepper
- 250ml Tomato Passata
- 3 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 250ml Water
- 2 Tsp Honey
- 4 Tsp Basil
- 1 Tsp Chilli flakes
- 2 1/2 Tsp Paprika
- Oil for frying
- Salt and Pepper
- Cut up the onion, garlic and bell peppers, heat a little oil in a pan and toss the vegetables in. Cook them at a medium heat for about 5 minutes or until they are soft.
- When the vegetables have softened, add in all the spices, some salt and freshly ground pepper, stir them in and add the minced beef.
- Stir occasionally over a medium heat until the minced beef is not pink anymore.
- When the mince is cooked, add the tomato passata, tomato paste, honey and water.
- Stir everything together well, cover and leave to simmer for at least 1 hour.
- Make sure to occasionally stir the meat sauce during this hour, I suggest every 10-15 mins or so, just so nothing sticks to the bottom of the pot. The sauce will thicken and reduce while developing a simply delicious flavour.
That’s it, easy peasy! Enjoy x