Who loves one pot recipes? I know I do! For this vegetarian chili you just throw everything into one pot and allow the magic to happen! It’s packed full of goodness and super easy to make, you have no excuse. All of these ingredients are probably in your kitchen already so treat yourself this cold evening to some hot and delicious chili!
|Prep time: 10 minutes||Cooking time: 30 minutes||Total time: 40 minutes|
What you need:
- 1 Can of Kidney beans
- 2 Carrots
- 1 Sweet Potato (medium size ~ approx 200g)
- 1 onion
- 2 Bell Peppers
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 500ml Water
- 250ml Tomato Passata/ Puree
- 2Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1Tsp Lemon/ Lime juice
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 2 Tsp Paprika
- 1.5- 2 Tsp Chilli flakes ( 2 Tsp is amazingly chilli, but at your own risk)
- 1 Tsp Parsely
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tsp Salt
- Little Oil for frying
- Cut up the onion, peppers and carrots to a medium dice, mince the garlic and add all of this to a pot of heated oil.
- Allow the vegetables to soften over a medium heat. During this time you can dice the sweet potato ready for the next steps.
- Once the vegetables have softened, add the spices and salt. Stir everything to combine, then add the kidney beans and sweet potato.
- Add the tomato puree, paste, lemon juice and water and then stir everything to combine. That’s it super simple and easy!
- Leave this to simmer over a low to medium heat for 20 minutes with the lid on and 10 minutes with the lid off. You can stir it every 10 minutes or so to make sure nothing is sticking to the bottom of the pot, if there is any pot sticking, your temperature is most likey too high.
- Once it’s done serve it up hot with rice, bread rolls, cous cous, whatever you like! I served mine with my delicious cheese and herb rolls. Click here and check out the recipe!