If you’ve ever been to Paris you may have heard of this delightful biscuit shop called La Cure Gourmande. Every single biscuit you could possibly ever desire, you will find in that store, they even have what you never thought you couldn’t live without! Besides bicuits, they have nougat, homemde lollipops and so much more. However, all of those confectionary delights aside, hands down their lemon biscuits are my all time fvourite! These biscuits are not your traditional thin, crispy, snappy type, they are perfectly thick, just the right amount of crisp on the outside but on the inside soft and delightful! I can’t even find the words to do justice to the texture of these biscuits! Sadly, we all can’t just go to Paris whenever we want a biscuit so why not learn to make our own? I have recreated my best recipe for those mouth watering lemon biscuits, and I have it right here to share with you!
It doesn’t take a lot of effort to put these guys together, the ingredients list is short and simple, but the result is amazing! They are a definite must try! Check out my recipe below.
|Prep Time: 30 minutes||Baking Time: 25- 30 minutes||Total Time: 1 hour|
Course: Tea time
Key words: Lemon, cookies, glaze
Makes: 15- 20
- 200g Plain Flour
- 125g Butter
- 50g Caster Sugar
- 1 Large Egg beaten
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla extract
- Zest of one medium Lemon
- 3Tbsp Cream Cheese
- 5 Tbsp Icing Sugar
- Lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees C/ 347 degrees F
- Cream the butter and sugar together with a mixer or by hand with a whisk, until light in colour and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla, lemon zest and 1/3 of your egg at a time, mix to combine in between each addition of egg
- When all the egg has been incorporated into the mixture, sieve in the flour and salt.
- You can bring this together using a scraper, spatula or your hands. This dough is sticky but you just want to work it until everything is just combined! Feel free to turn it out onto your countertop to knead it a little and scrape it together. Please do not add flour.
- Get some cling film and place the dough onto the film, flatten it out a bit, wrap it up and place in the fridge for 20 minutes until firm and cold to the touch.
- Once you’ve taken the dough out of the fridge flour the coutertop a little, unwrap the dough and fold in the corners/egdes like a parcel.
- Roll the dough into a log as smooth as you can and cut the dough into pieces. Roll each piece in your hand just to round off those cut edges, to give it a nice shape!
- Place each biscuit onto a lined baking tray. You can mark the bicuits with a fork just for some finesse and bake at 175 degrees C/ 347 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes until the edges are golden
- Remove from the oven and while they are cooling you can start the super easy, super yummy lemon glaze.
- In a small bowl mix icing sugar and cream cheese with a fork or whisk until combined
- Add in a squeeze of lemon juice and mix and repeat until you have reached your desired consistency!
- Drizzle this all over your freshly baked biscuits and you can allow them to either cool completely or if you have zero restraint like me, devour them whilst they are still warm.