The humble potato with a makeover! My hasselback potatoes recipe gives makes you beautiful roasted potatoes made using simple ingredients. You can serve them with anything you like or enjoy them on their own… Did anyone say cheese? Yes! Cheese and potatoes is a dream! So grab some potatoes because I guarantee you are going to love this one.
Hasselbacks are easier to make than you think! However, like all potatoes, the seasoning makes them shine. In this recipe we have parsely, garlic, salt and pepper. These seasonings work so well with potatoes and they are going to give so much flavour to these hasselbacks. The butter and olive oil also have a big role in flavouring your potatoes. Really this potatoe recipe is just a flavour bomb and it is going to blow your mind! Are you ready? Let’s give them a go!
|Prep Time: 15 minutes||Cooking Time: 1hr 5 minutes||Total Time: 1 hr 20 minutes|
Key words: Potatoes, garlic, salt & pepper, hasselbacks
- ~ 710g Potatoes (7 medium-sized)
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp Butter (melted)
- 2 small/ 1 Large Garlic Clove(s)
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- Black Pepper
- Few sprigs of Parsely
- Parmasan Cheese (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 190 degrees C/374 degrees F.
- Start by washing the potatoes well to remove any dirt.
- Take one potato at a time and place on a chopping board. Cut a small portion off the edge of the potatos so they will be able to sit flat on the chopping board.
- Then begin slicing horizontally from one end to the other without going all the way through the potato. Place the potates in water after you cut each one (This remove excess starch, which would otherwise cause your slices to stick together instead of fan out nicely).
- When all the potatoes are sliced, make a garlic rub. Mince the garlic cloves and put them in a small bowl, to that add the salt, parsely, olive oil and butter. Mix that well to combine.
- Massage the potatoes with the garlic rub and place them on a lined baking tray. Crack some Black pepper generously onto the potatoes, massage that on too and place them in the oven.
- Bake in the over at 190 degrees C/ 374 degrees F for 30 minutes. (you may smell the garlic during this stage, don’t worry there isn’t too much, it is just the extra bits cooking off on the tray, this all adds to the flavour)
- After 30 minutes, baste the potatoes with the settled oil and fan out the sections. Flip the the potatoes over ( this will allow the bottoms to crisp up and also the tops to absorb flavour) and bake them flipped for 15 minutes.
- After the 15 minutes, flip them right side up again and fan them out, allow to bake for the last 20 minutes.
- Once baked you can finish them with grated parmesan cheese, serve and enjoy.
Slice of as little as possible
Don’t cut all the way through
How I fan them out during cooking
Turn them over to brown on the bottoms