This is not just any omelette with a bit of onion and a bit of cheese. This is a whole flavourful experience you just simply cannot pass on! We are going to cook these onions down to really unlock the wonderful flavour they have when you give them some precious time. In addition to that, when you pair this with a mature cheddar, you won’t feel like your eating an omelette, you’re taste buds will literally be in heaven! Let’s get started!
|Prep time: 5 minutes||Cooking time: 13 minutes||Total time: 18 minutes|
What you need:
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 Small Red Onion
- 20g Mature Cheddar Cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Oil for frying
- Slice the onion and add to a pan with some oil. Cook over a low heat, we want them to cook down for the next 10 minutes to develop that delicious flavour. Remember to keep an eye on them.
- While the onions cook you can grate or cut the cheese if it’s not already grated and put that aside.
- Whisk the eggs with cracked black pepper and a pinch of salt until you see a nice amount of air bubbles on the surface (whisking to this point ensures you get a light and fluffy omelette).
- After 10 minutes when the onions are nice and fragrant, and toasting on the edges, spread them out in the pan and pour your eggs over them. Sprinkle most of your cheddar cheese on the omelette and cover the pan with a lid. Allow that to cook for 2 minutes/ or until the surface is nearly all cooked.
- Fold the omelette over and sprinkle the little cheese you have left on top, cover with a lid again, allowing that to cook for up to 1 minute to melt down the cheese and finish the cooking process.
- You can then serve your omelette and enjoy!!
Eggs poured over the onions
fter ccoking with the cheese, fold and leave to cook some more!