Nothing says good morning like a steamy bowl of oatmeal loaded with yummy toppings!! Today I have an apple pie oatmeal for you, full of flavour, sweetness, spice and everything you need to power your morning!!
It’s quick, delicious and nutritious. You don’t have to spend ages stirring the oatmeal in a pot either, just a little bit of boiling water and time does the trick! This can be made in advance as overnight oatmeal, ready to pick up and go for busy mornings. Give it a go! I guarantee you are going to love this one!
|Prep time: 6 minutes||Cooking time: 1 minute||Total time: 7 minutes|
What you need:
- 1/2 Cup Oats
- 2/3 Cup Boiled Hot Water
- 1 Apple
- 1/2 Tsp Honey
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon (plus a little extra)
- Pinch of Salt
- A Few Raisins
- Seeds (optional)
- Boil a kettle of water.
- To a bowl, add the oats and pinch of salt. Grate half of your apple and add that with the cinnamon to the bowl.
- Once the kettle has boiled, add the water to the oats and stir everything together. Let that sit for up to 5 minutes.
- While the oats soak up the water, dice the other half of the apple and toss the pieces in some cinnamon.
- Add the diced apple on top of the oats and microwave the oatmeal for 1 minute.
- To finish, drizzle the honey on top and you can add the raisins and/or seeds too.