This is classic example of how sometimes less is more! There are less than 10 ingredients in this pasta recipe and yet it is one of my top favourites. Once you know how to make a classic arrabiata sauce it doesn’t matter what pasta you use, it will make it taste amazing!
This recipe is on the spicier side of things, but the amount of chilli you use is totally in your hands! In my recipe I have incorporated a moderate amount, making it suitable for most people. However, feel free to add less or more depending on your taste! All of the ingredients are super simple, you probably already have them in your fridge and pantry so you can definitely give this one a go! Are you ready? Let’s go get to cooking!!!
|Prep Time: 10 minutes||Cooking Time: 15 minutes||Total Time: 25 minutes|
Course: Main meal
Cuisine: Italian, vegetarian
Key words: Tagliatelle dinner, vegetarian
- 360g Tagliatelle
- 6 Tbsp/ 90g Tomato Paste/ Puree
- 3.5 Tbsp Tomato Passata
- 2 Tsp Chilli Flakes
- 2 Tsp Honey
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 4 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Parmesan Cheese to serve
- Boil the tagliatelle until it is al dente, depending on the tagliatelle this can take between 8 to 12 minutes. Simply taste it to see if it is al dente enough for you.
- While the tagliatelle boils, mix the tomato paste, passata, chilli flakes and honey in a small bowl and set aside.
- Mince the garlic and heat up a pan with the olive oil.
- Once the pan is hot toss in the garlic and fry until it begins to get golden and is fragrant.
- To that add in the tomato sauce mixture and cook it out for up to 2 minutes while occasionally stirring it a bit.
- Strain the boiled tagliatelle and add it to the pan. Mix everything together until the tagliatelle is well coated with the sauce.
- Allow that to cook for another minute or 2 to marry all the flavours together, then serve!