When you need a chocolate fix that comes together quick and easy, brownies are your best friend! You can’t beat them, and trust and believe if you follow this recipe they’ll be gobbled up before they’re even finished cooling. These for me are everything a brownie should be, I can’t even tell you how good they are because they leave me speechless (seriously!!). You just have to try and see!
Some Brownie Tips For You!
WHAT KIND OF CHOCOLATE IS BEST ?
If you’ve ever made brownies, you know there is enough sugar in these babies to feed a whole nation, which is great for the taste and texture, but it means you need to balance that sweetness out with something. Avoid using milk chocolate and/or too much white chocolate. They can make your brownies way too sweet, not even your children will be able to hack them. If you have no choice you can reduce the amount of sugar in the recipe, however, the texture might be altered as a result.
The best chocolate to use is dark, semisweet/ bittersweet. Anything between 50%-65% cocoa I find is the best, not too dark it’s bitterness takes over, but just right!
HOW LONG WILL MY BROWNIES KEEP FOR?
Stored in a sealed container your cut brownies will be great for up to two days, after this they might need to be reheated before you can enjoy them the same as day 1 brownies! Let’s be real though, Once they come out of the oven just give it a few hours and they’ll be nothing but a distant memory.
BAKING THE BROWNIES!
If you don’t have an eight by eight inch pan for your brownies just use foil to create a wall in a larger tin you have to make it smaller, then line with parchment and you’ll be ready!
Avoid over-baking your brownies by accident. Unlike cake, brownies will not have springy center and a skewer inserted into the center will not come out clean. You know your brownies are baked properly when the center is set and you see the top just begin to crack.
If you want to shake things up a little, or make differnt variations of brownies, there are so many treats you can add in or top them with! Here ae some of my favourites!
- Toasted nuts
- Salted Caramel
- Mini reeses peanut butter cups
- M&M’s or Smarties
- Crushed candy cane
Make sure to check out my video recipe to make these just right! and Subcribe to my channel so you never miss a recipe!
|Prep Time: 10 minutes||Baking Time: 35 minutes||Total Time: 45 minutes|
Key words: Brownies, chocolate recipes, dessert
- 150g Butter
- 300g Caster Sugar
- 3 eggs
- 115g Self- raising Flour
- 70g Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 225g Chocolate Chunks/ Chips ( I use dark ~53% Cocoa)
- Begin by melting the butter and 1/3 of the sugar in a saucepan. Allow to cool.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs and rest of the sugar together.
- Add flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder to the bowl with the eggs and sugar and mix until well combined.
- Add the cooled melted butter and sugar into the bowl in 3 inclusions, mixing well between each inclusion.
- Once the batter in smooth, add the chocolate chunks and mix through the batter.
- Pour the batter into a square baking tin and bake at 175°C / 350°F for 30- 35 mins.
- Allow the brownie to cool a bit before taking it out of the tin.
- Flip it out and cut into squares, when it’s cool enough for you.